Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Monday, December 31, 2018

City of Lies--Well, maybe not the Whole City but Certainly Lizzie Miles

City of LiesCity of Lies by Victoria Thompson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Gave this one only 3 stars because it took so long to get me interested. Kept reading but then putting it down to read books that were more engrossing. Returned over and over, for about three weeks, reading a bit at a time, hoping to get more involved in the story. I love Thompson's Gaslight Mysteries so was determined to finish this one, even if this series didn't become a favorite. About half way through the book, Lizzie and the other women get out of jail and return to New York and, finally, the story took off. The con, the balancing of two suitors, the secrecy of a double life became intriguing. Finished it and read the first chapter of the next book in the series given as a preview in the back of this one. Think I'm going to give it a try--the new one grabbed me right away.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment