Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Review: The King of Torts

The King of TortsThe King of Torts by John Grisham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Those ads on TV put out by law firms asking people to contact them if they've been exposed to asbestos or used some drug have always made me uncomfortable. The implied promise of great wealth and compensation any illness or negative impact--listed in great detail as possible side effects ect--seem too good to be true. And as the old saying goes--if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Having read this book about a young 32 year old attorney getting inside info on a drug that causes its users to become violent and murderous and then setting up a firm to file a class action suit against the corporation behind it, I've learned that my gut reactions were accurate. In actuality, the game of class action suits and the concomitant wealth accrued by the attorneys involved is far beyond what I imagined. To say the greed and manipulation, the indifference to the clients, the ruthlessness of the attack on the company involved, no matter its size is nauseating and frightening.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment