Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Review: Robicheaux

Robicheaux Robicheaux by James Lee Burke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Robicheaux (Dave Robicheaux #21)Robicheaux by James Lee Burke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

These books are not easy reading but they keep you engrossed to the last page. Though for me, I need to break to absorb what I've read, I find you can't leave it too long before returning or you forget where you are at. The scrapes Dave and Clete find themselves in never fail to keep the reader to the last page. In this one, Dave has fallen off the wagon and has blacked out what may have been his murder of the driver who caused the death of his wife. Clete in the meanwhile finds himself the guardian of a young boy and a romantic involvement yet again with a woman who is not doing him any good. Add to this two aristocratic men Dave has known since childhood--one a politician with his eye on the big prize and an actor's poise that Clete despises and Dave accepts. The other the descendant of Confederate officers with a well-developed pride in his ancestry and a wife who has some serious problems. Eventually, a crooked cop from NOLA and a button man from Miami make the scene with assorted other common folk and low lives. It all comes to a head in the Superdome at a political rally 400+ pages later. Oh, yes, Alifair is home and gets tangled up in the mess, too. I'll take a few days rest and move on into #22. I'm catching up. JLB--time for a new installment!

View all my reviews

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment