Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Monday, June 28, 2021

Review: Murder on Trinity Place

Murder on Trinity Place (Gaslight Mystery #22)Murder on Trinity Place by Victoria Thompson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another series that I love. Not only are the stories set in a time when my grandparents lived in NYC but also around the time my parents were born. As a result, though well before my time, the places are familiar because of their stories and my own early days growing up in Manhattan. Still, the history that Ms Thompson includes in her murder mysteries is every bit as interesting as the locale, the characters with whom we are so familiar--Sarah and Malloy, their neighbors and families. As a science teacher and wife to an Ag teacher, the story of swill milk and the coming of pasteurization at the turn of the 20th century was so fascinating. So, too, the side argument--Was Dec 31, 1899 New Year's Eve for the 20th century? We had the same discussion on Dec 31, 1999 as I recall--lol Some things never change.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment