Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Friday, October 22, 2021

Review: Down the Hatch

Down the Hatch Down the Hatch by M.C. Beaton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A review of an ARC provided by Goodreads for that purpose.

If you have not seen any of the TV programs based on Agatha Raisin, do not watch them. While I enjoyed this book with the slightly madcap sleuth, her ex-husband, James and the rest of the characters, it was very annoying to imagine them as the actors who play them, particularly since I am not fond of the blonde in the shows.

The story is very light, Agatha is very vain and self-centered, the murders are interesting and the solutions satisfying. Not very challenging but a nice read if you don't want to think too much and don't find the characters too one-dimensional. Don't get me wrong, many are fans of the series and it is fun, just not my cup of tea.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment