Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Monday, June 24, 2024

Review: Until Death

Until Death (Sean Richardson #2)Until Death by James L. Thane
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well, by page 2 I was very happy that we did not build a garage when we built our house. Second one of Thane's books I've read and in both within seconds someone gets killed in the garage! By page 9 I was annoyed by Sean's opinion that Maggie " at 38 ( 38!!!!!!!) remained extraordinarily attractive,"!
Give me a break--I guess at 38 a woman is normally an unattractive old bag. But by page 65, when Gina is sent a copy of Klute, starring Donald Sutherland who died that very morning, I was struck by the coincidence and was only slightly amused that Sean, only a couple years older than Maggs, knew both the movie and the star, when Maggs had no clue.

Also by Page 65 these little nits lost their importance as the murders increased and the poiice were totally at sea as to why these men were being killed, despite their connection to Gina, a physical trainer who, as Jennifer, was also a high end prostitute. Even more of a mystery was the murderer.

Two old sayings come to mind having read the book to its conclusion. I will not share them since they would give the plot away. However, the police followed using one of them as their theory for motive. Too bad, because it is the second that would have given them the solution. I kick myself for not remembering it before the murderer was revealed. Maybe because my mind doesn't work that way in such a situation. Hah!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment