Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Monday, April 14, 2014

As Usual, Big, Bad America Has Brought Terrorism on Itself by Its Arrogance--Oh, Please!

The Joshua EffectThe Joshua Effect by P.S. Meronek
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a Goodreads first reads and while thoroughly enjoyable it was too preachy and wordy. The central theme of the development of a method to blow up buildings using a machine hooked into preplanted C-4 during the construction phase of the buildings was interesting and confusing at the same time. The effort to discover who had come up with the plan and to find a way to prevent the threatened destruction of two more buildings within a month kept me intrigued. I guess I should have caught on earlier with all the bemoaning the heavy handed attitude of America toward the rest of the world and the resulting resentment, if not hatred, directed our way as a result.

Though I never figured it out for myself the, I suspect, desired surprise on my part at the climatic resolution just wasn't there. Instead, it was oh, ho-hum, of course. Greed, ego, power seeking wins, or almost wins, again. Amusing to think the world will ever have totally free energy--when I was a kid TV and radio waves were free--hi, there, PBS, cable, satellite etc,etc. Not only not free, but also not free of irritating commercials. Free energy? Ah, well, this is, after all, fiction.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment