Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Monday, June 27, 2016

Book 11 of The Pink Carnation series--One More to Go!

The Mark of the Midnight Manzanilla (Pink Carnation, #11)The Mark of the Midnight Manzanilla by Lauren Willig
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Next to the last installment of the Pink Carnation series. I've read them all so far and have thoroughly enjoyed them. Some others have been disappointed that, though the possibility of Black Tulip and other spy activity led to the murder of the Duke's parents, that that was not indeed the case. For me, the presence of Miss Gwen and her very sharp parasol and the mystery surrounding the posed corpse's demise were enough to keep me interested. In actuality, I wish we'd seen more of Sherry. As for the actual perp, I identified him/her--no clues here--the moment of the appearance of person in the narrative. I'm really surprised Sally didn't, too, since she, like I, am a bit leery of any posture that seems too extreme or out of kilter with those of others in the scene. That is all the hint I shall drop.
As with all the PC books, the girl gets her man--in more ways than one-- and all's right with the world .

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment