Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Guernsey Under German Occupation But OH, So Much More!

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie SocietyThe Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How did I miss this book when it first came out? So much info and humor and wonderful characters and history and books and authors in one 275 page book. Not only was the content engrossing but the format was so easy to read--letters between friends. So intimate that by the end of the book their authors seemed like my friends, too and I so desperately wanted to join their circle and become a pen pal to all of them. I truly miss the days of hand-written letters and the wait between missives that sometimes became unbearable. Think the friendships were deeper and more lasting because a real effort had to be made to maintain them. Just a wonderful book, if you haven't read it, put it on your TBR list.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment