Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Friday, September 21, 2018

Misc. notes on a Misc. Day

Howdy, Zigs and Zags, Our pix today start with a plate of deviled eggs surrounded by four rubber duckies. Cannot decide whether to explain or allow your imaginations to run wild. Yeah, I think imagination is a wonderful thing. Anyway, there is also a picture of the full meal we created last night here in Have 'er. That is how you pronounce Havre in these parts: I don't want her, you can have 'er. I woke up around 530 this morning and started to think about the exorbitant motel costs in Browning/ East Glacier. We were to head over there this morning but why? So, instead we extended our stay here. We did some grocery replenishing and the laundry accumulated over the last 10 days. Then we got all our stuff out of our pocketbooks, suitcases and various little bags of new books and post cards and reorganized. We did our finances so we are all square and up to date--we alternate motel rooms and pay each other the difference every two nights, we split the gas, groceries and laundry. Then we looked at the Montana and Idaho maps to plot our course when we leave East Glacier on Monday. We met a couple from Lewistown, Mt this morning at breakfast. They drove up to take the 11am Amtrak to Chicago. His sister has died and they are going to the funeral. His wife is the navigator so she and I pored over the Montana map and considered various routes into Idaho. One thing for sure, no matter which way we go, we have to cross those damned Rockies! I could have sworn I gave directions for their removal last time we were out here, but no, there they loom high and mighty laughing at little me and my knocking knees. Lastly, we booked a room for tomorrow night in East Glacier at the Lodge in the park and another for a less expensive place on Sunday night when we return from our tour. I had to run down to the business office to make copies of the Confirmation emails for both, although the local one has already contacted me in a personal email--so I'm sure of that one. I hate booking online because you never know who you are booking through--Bill and I had that problem in Monument Valley. Called home and nothing new there--Bill got half the wood in yesterday--bringing it to the house from different parts of the property on which he cut. He'll finish up tomorrow. He said today was a pretty raw day. Here was foggy and low 40's when I woke up but got into the 60's and sunny with those lovely patches of white cottony clouds. Not sure what Sunday will bring for the Park tour--keep your fingers crossed that it is sunny--cold we are prepared for but rain and clouds will make the scenery disappointing. Hasn't been any mention of snow yet--though it is always a possibility around here. So, now everything is ship-shape. We even packed separate small bags to take into the Lodge--leaving everything out in the car overnight so we don't have to lug a lot of stuff out to the car before the tour which starts at 9 am Sunday morning. It is now 3:30 MST and we have nothing left to do--BLTs for dinner tonight with bacon we grabbed from the breakfast this morning--Barb has a whole wheat thin and I have a bisquit from the breakfast room. I LOVE bisquits. Limeade to wash it down for me, Lemonade for Barb. Not sure which piece of fruit for dessert--too soon to tell. So, now, I don't know about Barb, but I am going to read until Jeopardy and evening TV. Don't know when I'll get on the computer again--maybe tomorrow night --don't know what the next two stops will provide. But soon, I hope, there will be Glacier pix to share. Until then, take care all of you. BarbZig and KatZag

No comments:

Post a Comment