Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Monday, September 23, 2019

Tidelands by Philippa Gregory--Beginning of a Series but I'm NOT Going to Follow It!

Tidelands (Fairmile #1)Tidelands by Philippa Gregory
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

It is rare that I give a book a one star rating but, though at times the descriptive passages of the place and detail of the lives of the characters is quite good, it was not enough to engross me. In the beginning James' mission was confusing and the relationship with Alinor so improbable that I was bored and kept putting the book down. Though tempted to leave it unread, having not received the book at first and contacting the publisher to send it on to me,which they did, I felt obligated to finish it. At times it picked up but the writing is so uneven, the characters so poorly developed, the relationship between the two main characters so out of the question, and the ending, considering the fact James is a priest, unbelievable. All in all, do not recommend it to anyone, even for the few glimmers of light like sunshine on a hardly moving water surface.

View all my reviews tideland

No comments:

Post a Comment