Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

May Not Finish This Series

The Edge (FBI Thriller, #4)The Edge by Catherine Coulter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The setting in the beginning was so similar to another of the series that I thought I'd already read it. Continued to be sure and found the sexual overtones off-putting-- looking at the librarian and practically raping her in his mind, the actual attack by one woman of Mac, the hero. Persisted a bit further hoping it would get better, which it did to some extent but since it is the series and I'd liked the first three installments decided to stay with it. Still, not really liking it until more than half-way through at which point the struggles in the rain forest finally worth reading. The ending a let-down with loose ends not totally tied up in the postmortem letter. Several characters superfluous and merely disappear. Will try the next book in the series but if it is no better this series will not be completed by me. Great disappointment.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment