Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Charles Lenox and Graham Starting Out

The Woman in the Water (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #0.1)The Woman in the Water by Charles Finch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A fun prequel to the , now 11 installment, series about the detective, Charles Lenox in 19th century London. I've read all the series and so this was interesting to meet the well-known, well-respected sleuth at the outset of his career. He is all of 23, unsure about everything in life, career, what to do about the woman he loves married to someone else, where to live and how. While it made me smile a few times, knowing as I do, how things turn out for him in so many of these youthful quandries, it also made me happy that in real life we cannot know the future. If you haven't read the series, then start with this one. If you have, then get to know the young untested Charles and his valet, with a hard " t ", Graham before they became so successful a pair.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment