Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Michael Collins Died At 31 Years Old !

One of the things that is important to me when reading a historical novel is whether or not the story makes me want to research the actual people and events. This book did that and it was interesting to note that the book is more history than fiction. My Irish grandmother hated the British and my American born father had absolutely no use for the English. Both would roll in their graves if they knew what a Anglophile I've become. It amuses me to hear derogatory remarks in British programming about the heavy handedness of the Yanks in their interactions with the Brits and others. Reading this history as well as other tales of the Empire, I can only say, we learned from the best. How sad British arrogance brought such pain to the nations who wanted their freedom from the Empire on which, at one time, "the sun never set." I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment