Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Monday, September 6, 2021

Review: A Private Cathedral: A Dave Robicheaux Novel

A Private Cathedral: A Dave Robicheaux Novel A Private Cathedral: A Dave Robicheaux Novel by James Lee Burke
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Installment 23 of the Robicheaux-Purcell extravaganza but oh, how I hope there is not a 24th! Finished this one out of loyalty but it is as though the alcoholic brain destruction has gotten full blown for these two. If the timeline is right they are pushing 75-80 and the time has come to hang it up. Several reviewers have called the visions and plot supernatural--no, they are hallucinogenic and drugs and trips have never tempted me. I found it impossible to figure out what was real and what totally mental--and if we can believe, jLB, it wasn't much better for his imperfect heroes. I don't know if these guys are done but I pretty much am--will have to buy other books from my friend at Books Along the Teche.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment