Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Monday, August 12, 2013

WHY BECOME A KILLER?

Locked In (Jessica Daniel Book 1)Locked In by Kerry Wilkinson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Terrific book--read it in one and a half days--would have been one day but company arrived and I didn't want to be rude. Wanted to be, though!

Other than a few typos that sort of stopped the rhythm of my reading and the referral to an early burglary that I could not find ( When it is discovered in the second victim's history they say the first victim also had a burglary but I reread the earlier crime and couldn't find any mention of that.) the book was a page turner.

I reread the section in which I said to myself--aha, here we have the murderer--in an effort to find the " tell " but don't know how I knew. Read a couple more chapters as the police were agonizing over how the killer got in and out of totally locked houses with no sign of entry or exit and finally couldn't stand it anymore. I read the ending!

Now, some readers cannot finish a book once they've done that, but for me it was not a problem. While I was still working along with the police on how it was done and how the victims were chosen, I also was working on a thread of my own--WHY did this person kill? By the end of the book all questions were answered in a totally satisfactory way.

Bravo!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment