Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Possible Hiatus

Good morning, Trekkers! Just a short note to let you know that we traveled almost 400 miles yesterday from Early, Tx to Roswell, NM and we were exhausted when we arrived. Did not even bring the computer into the room, since I knew I wasn't going to take the time to upload pix and write the blog. We have gained another hour, as you can see--as one crosses into New Mexico one also enters a new time zone so I am now 2 hours difference for you in the EST and 1 hour for those in PST. I'd forgotten how dirty and smelly really West West Texas is--I know Midland is awful but most of the land bordering NM is one vast oil field and there is nothing attractive about them. We ate at Tia Juana's Mexican Cantina last night and since it is literally right next door to the motel we allowed ourselves to linger over three beers and relax. We don't usually drive such a distance in one day, but the motels are few and far between in this neck of the country so there isn't much choice. Ranchers, oilmen and wind farm operators are not giving up much land for wandering rubberneckers! LOL At any rate, we are on our way to Alamogordo today over Cloudcroft. I cannot remember what the wifi is like over there. I know it is awful in Socorro and Grants and Gallup. So, it may be I will be going dark as they say in covert ops. Not by choice but by circumstance. I will upload pix and fill you in on what's happening as I can. But, I'm sure you have a backlog of info to catch up on and the break may be a relief. Until we are next in contact--stay healthy and happy, hoping for Spring. KandB

No comments:

Post a Comment