Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Friday, February 9, 2024

Review: The Litigators

The Litigators The Litigators by John Grisham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

David Zinc has had it with the long hours and stress of the high end law firm in which he is one of many minions, so he walks out one morning, goes to a local bar and gets shit-faced and wanders into a store front, ambulance chasing firm made up of two aging lawyers, one who does not much of anything and the other, a recovering drunk, who chases down clients in ways quite seedy.

Welcome to Finley and Figg, a boutique law firm, or so the partners call it. They quickly take David on and he joins them and their secretary, Rochelle in what becomes a rather complex lawsuit against a pharmaceutical company. It is to be heard in Federal court--and none of the three of them have ever appeared in this court. indeed, none of them have any experience in such a suit and they are going to face a battery of high-priced lawyers employed by the drug giant.

While the intricacies of legal maneuvering that takes place in such a situation are mind-boggling, what is really eye opening is the process by which a new drug is the testing it undergoes and the approval process that the FDA uses to allow its use. It makes me very happy that at 81 I take no medications or supplements because I have refused them and, so far, am quite healthy, thank you. Side-effects don't appeal to me and one doctor told me that I'm probably as healthy as I am because I DON"T use any medications. Quite the revelations in this book!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment