Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Friday, January 14, 2011

NOT in MY neighborhood!!!!











The owl who'd been here a few days ago, but farther from the house, decided to take a position in the oak tree, right off the porch. The perch affords a good hidden spot from which to survey the large open fields in front of the house. I have often seen crows dive bomb owls in the distant tree line overlooking the river but this morning I had a front row seat. Only one crow did the actual attacking but there were three in the tree above giving loud vocal support. When all was said and done, however, the crows left and the owl, with a look my way, posed for his picture as if to say " you won't do any better, trying to scare me off! This is MY neighborhood! "

No comments:

Post a Comment