Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Winter's Day Alone


On days like today--monochromatic gray, snowy and cold--the best thing to do is to settle in with a pot of jasmine tea, some German Rapsblute honey for sweetening and a new mystery set in San Francisco. It is nice, too, to think of one's sister, who gave me the beautiful tea pot and the tea posey in it....I saw a period piece in which the heroine's brother brought her a lovely flower which opened in the pot when boiling water was added and brewed a lovely tea. My sister found the set and gave it to me. As for the book-- a freebie from Goodreads and a most interesting one at that. It was with great surprise that I looked up and saw that winter's early darkness had arrived! Time for homemade pea soup for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment