Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Thursday, January 20, 2011

One of My Favorite Places

I bought this chair and footstool for myself at Pier I several years ago. Used to have it surrounded by four windows but Bill wanted that area for himself and the table so, though I can't easily look out the window, I still have the light shining on me from one on the right of the chair. It is enough on a sunny day in my small oasis in the living room. Many a book has been read, many a cat has curled in my lab and many a nap has been taken in this chair. Bill never sits in it although Betsy does sometimes when she is home and it is available. It is truly my own and I love it. Mary Rose, my childhood doll does, too. Even the cats avoid sleeping in it --it is as though they know to wait until they have my lap before they near it. Now THAT is something since CATS believe the WORLD is theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment