Welcome to the

Random words, pictures and thoughts of one who always wishes to be on the mind's road to discovery!

About Me

My photo
Connecticut River Valley, New England, United States

Monday, January 17, 2011

Swirling Emotions



Strange emotional eddies today! To start, my Dad would be 108 today--40 years my senior! I miss him terribly, still--though he was proud of me, he loved my sister best! LOL


Then I baked a cinnamon quick bread that broke into three pieces when I took it out of the pan--tastes good though. I almost blew my Weight Watchers points but held myself in check--I did eat some but did not stuff my face.

Tomorrow we are in for ANOTHER storm--this time including sleet and freezing rain! I have dentist appt at 730 am--should I have cancelled?


Also, I'm feeling stressed about ANOTHER cross country trip in winter--this time by way of Montana. Usually we head south out of St Louis--not this year!


So trying to figure out how to lift my spirits I turned to our marvelous Christmas tree. This led to laughs--I had bought the adorable penquin for my daughter LAST January, on sale, at Pier I ! But with advanced early senility I had forgotten that--so, on a Fall visit to my sister's, I bought her a more elegant, though PLASTIC ornament at AC Moore's!


My wonderful daughter, deciding not to buy a set of five or six ornaments this year, bought me this elegant red ornament. So, we both broke from our tradition--I bought her a grown up elegant ornament ( not remembering the little girl penguin) and she bought me one, but more elegant, ornament this year.


While the emotions still churn a bit, having reflected on a Mom and Daughter exchange of love, I feel a little less sad missing my Dad and a bit more settled about the stress of Winter in Vt and time spent in the dentist's chair rebuilding a tooth! ( Don't get me started on the cost of this uninsured procedure--I'm trying to be like Scarlett--tomorrow! )


No comments:

Post a Comment